The Institute of Biomedical Laboratory Science-Laboratory Medicine (IBMLS) is a member organisation for Biomedical Laboratory Scientists in the EU/UK. It strives to promote and advance the role of Biomedical Laboratory Science within the healthcare setting to deliver a high quality laboratory service for patients. It does this by representing the profession, supporting Biomedical Laboratory Scientists in their training and education, and working with organisations to improve laboratory service.
- To advance and support the development of Biomedical Laboratory Science internationally.
- Represent the interests of Biomedical Laboratory Science and provide benefits for members.
- Promote public consciousness of Biomedical Laboratory Science.
- Develop courses for Biomedical Laboratory Scientists
- Develop training, qualifications and diplomas for members to manifest competency and expertise in Biomedical Laboratory Science.
- To enable members to accomplish their highest potential via continuing professional development (CPD).
- Inform and guide Biomedical Laboratory Scientists through media, training and events, and professional and scientific publications.
Why join us
Membership benefits to assist Biomedical Laboratory Professionals develop their knowledge, education, and careers.